Donnerstag, 2. August 2012

Crossfitting

Yesterday I did my first real crossfit exercise with my buddy Lukas who is doing this stuff for some time now. I first got in touch with it at the Braulio Estima Summer Camp where we did a circuit at the El Toro Training Center.

The Workout of the day was as following:

5 x 200m sprints followed by 200m slow running (not a big Problem)
3 x 10 burpree Pull-ups (dude that was a big problem)
3 x 20 Airsquats (it was going allright)
3 x 30 seconds handstand

We did the whole program at a sport facility which recently also got a Crossfit "Cage" as you can see on the picture below:

 

I was asking myself the last weeks, if I should start with crossfit or not, as I am doing Kettlebells and other stuff, but I think that this would really benefit my overall cardio and body strength, so I will try to do it once a week on weekends, at least as long as the weather is good. Because that way I dont have to pay a cent for the whole thing which is always nice.

I recently found a pretty nice article about the benefits from crossfit for BJJ on the following blog:

Benefits of crossfit for BJJ

In the next days i will post my new training plan, which will be a little bit more divers than the old one and also will involve more BJJ related things, such as stability ball drilling and drilling with my Zebra dummy

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen