Dienstag, 6. November 2012

Thirsty for Jiu Jitsu Podcasts

As my interest in Jiu-Jitsu grew, I started to stumble upon some podcasts related to Jiu Jitsu. If I remember right, the first podcast I discovered was the one from Stephan Kesting at grapplearts.com – at that time he updated his podcasts on a regular basis, which is not the case anymore. I haven't heard of new podcast from him since a long time. So than I though okay, there must be more out there to allay my bloodthirst for more Jiu-Jitsu information and to pass my time during the long rides back and forth to Frankfurt.

So the dark Jiu-Jitsu shadows were gracious to me and I found the Fightworks podcast. Damn I though and had to rub my eyes, have I finally discovered the whole grail of Jiu-Jitsu podcastisem? Jup it seemed like I did… With more than 250 podcast up an ready for grabs, I started downloading and burning Cd's like a mad man.  But as time passed by the Fightworks podcast didn't upload the weekly dose of Jiu-Jitsu goodness and I had to move on look for other sources…

And I got quite lucky again and as Jiu-Jitsu was booming like never before, some new podcast germinated on the net. The first one I found was the InsideBJJ podcast and I was a listener from almost day one. If i am right, the first episode I listened to was Episode 3 with Crosley Gracie and I was immediately hooked to InsideBJJ. This podcast was a little different than to what I was used to, drawn to the fact, that they weren't just interviewing the respective persons but also were going back an forth on each other before and after the the actual interview. I have to admit, that pretty funny stuff was and is being said during this banter sessions. Never the less the actual interviews were top notch and the persons appearing on their podcast have been the creme de la creme of the BJJ and MMA Scene.

But as m thirst couldn't be sated by just one podcast, I searched a little more and found the OpenMatRadio Podcast, which seem to appear almost at the same time as the InsideBJJ Podcast. This also is a great source for well structured interviews with top players out of the BJJ scene and as with the InsideBJJ Podcast, I was hooked from day one. They are more on the serious side of things and so their podcasts aren't as long as the one from InsideBJJ, but with this two my thirst was almost sated.

After some weeks and month, I found a third podcast, which is part of the Fight Fans Radio and is called BJJ Addict Radio. They didn't seem to have like the top notch guest in the past, but are also catching up with  Gianni Grippo and Victor Estima being their last guest. I really enjoy listening to their podcast and I am curious to see what they will provide in the future…

So my ranking for audio podcasts at the moment is the following:

  1. InsideBJJ
  2. OpenMatRadio.com
  3. FightFansRadio
  4. TheFightworksPodcast
  5. GrappleArts
Within of my next posts, I will go over some of the video Podcasts out there... Have a good time until than and train, train, train
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen